- Date of Exhibition: [To Be Announced].
- Entry Form: Please detach and return by [To Be Announced]. If questions, call (225) 342-7920.
- Artwork: Deliver between [To Be Announced].
- Reception and Awards Announcement: [To Be Announced].
- Pick up Artwork: [To Be Announced].
- Residents of the Tri-Parish area (Iberville, Pointe Coupee, and West Baton Rouge) who are 15 years or older are eligible to enter the Art Show.
- Categories are Professional (having taught and/or sold artwork), Non-professional, and Student (ages 16-18). Entries must be the artist’s original work.
- Works submitted may be in any of the following media: oils, watercolors, acrylics, drawings (pencil, ink, charcoal, pastels). Artists are limited to two entries. Student artists are limited to one entry. Artwork must not have been previously exhibited in Spring Art Show.
- A non-refundable entry fee of $5.00 per work will be charged. Cash or checks made to West Baton Rouge Parish Library are accepted. Fee can be included with Entry Form.
- Artwork must be framed and wired appropriately for hanging. Entry must not exceed 34 x 28 inches, including frame. Entries exceeding this size or not ready for hanging will be refused. Artist must be willing to have wire adjusted for hanging, if necessary.
- Entry must hang for the duration of art show.
- The library reserves the right to reject any entry.
- Each work will be labeled on the back with the artist’s name, category, address, and phone number at the time it is submitted.
- The artist will be given a receipt that must be presented for the work to be picked up.
- The West Baton Rouge Parish Library is not responsible for the theft or damage of any artwork, although the show will be closely supervised and every reasonable precaution will be taken to ensure safety of artwork.
- Cash awards will be presented to Audience Choice winner, Best of Show winner, First, Second, and Third place winners in each
category, and Best New Entry.
- Ribbons will be awarded to winners, including Honorable Mention.
- Judge’s decision will be final.
-Mary Guarisco, Library Patron and Book Club Founding Member
- If work is for sale, please note on Entry Form.
- Interested parties will be given the artist’s contact number.
Please call the library to confirm that you will be participating in this year’s Art Show.